Wednesday 12 April 2017

Trapped

I'm trapped in you
For eternity?
Maybe not
But say eighty, a hundred years.

I asked for no body
But I was given you
With an assignment- a mandate
That'll last for less than a hundred years
But'll resound through eternity
Till a new earth beckons.

No one else could do it
So I was sent.

What can stop me?
The shape of your nose
Or the colour of your skin?
Your legs, or the way you walk?
The hairs on your head (which you're lucky to have)
Or the scars on your skin?
Your fat belly or your too small or too big buttocks?
Maybe not.
I do not belong to you forever.

I'm only trapped in you
For a little while.
You are a container
My spirit travels in
On the sojourn- this temporary abode called earth.

The end is
To pour out my all in bits: my content
Till all becomes empty
And I go hither
To where I came from
And to He
Who sent me.

The only bond I have
Is to take care of you;
Maintain you
Till the end comes.
You matter, but I-
The me within
Matters most.

You are a means
To my fruitful existence,
Just what I need
To execute my assignment
Till immortality calls
At the final close
Of my eyes.

I am trapped- in you
But unstoppable.

No comments:

Post a Comment