Wednesday 12 June 2019

Before You Give Up, Read This!


I’ll of course be lying if I say I’ve never felt like giving up. As a matter of fact, I guess the ‘desire’ to give up has always been a part of us as humans. You probably can remember the time when you were in junior high school, and some subjects seemed difficult; if ever there was an option to leave school right at that moment, no doubt you would have left. Same with the times our parent would have to wake us up from our ‘interesting’ sleep, all because it was time to go to school. But then, looking back now, if ever all that had happened, what would have become of you (us)?

Over time, life I have discovered is full of seasons, and of course times. And like King Solomon- one of the wisest men who ever lived once said- there is indeed time for everything; a time to plant, as well as a time to harvest. I have also discovered that paradoxes make up for a happy and fulfilled life. In the sense that to harvest, we would have to plant. We do not ‘harvest’ to harvest, instead we plant to harvest. Hence majority of the time, contradictory (or better still- opposite) actions often lead to fulfilling results in life.
A look at the time we would have been happy had our parents told us to leave school due to the difficult subjects (and perhaps teachers) experienced at the time, would we have been happy looking back? 

No doubt the children back then would have used us as examples (especially to their parents), thinking we were living the best lives at the time, but then looking back today, guess who will be happy? The ones who stayed through it all, finished all the algebras and calculus as it were, and now live a better life because passing their mathematics and other subjects made it easy for them to further their education, which now makes them work in oil companies, banks, engineering firms, hospitals, law firms and the likes.

Without making this piece of encouragement a long one, I would like to implore us to hold on, especially through the seeming trials and hardships; for all things in the end if we do not stop holding on would work together for our good. This is life, and (sadly) nothing great comes without a price to pay, so hold on brother, hold on sister, through it all. This too will end in joy if you do not give up, if you keep the faith, and as well, do all your best to be diligent through it all.
Much love.


Photo Credit: Pinterest.com

Connect with me on social media
Facebook:   Eniola Olaosebikan
Instagram: cream_legend
Twitter:     TheEniolaO
LinkedIn: Eniola Olaosebikan

Email:soulwriteralways@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your encouragement ma. I can truly relate to when I almost gave up on been a science student. My chemistry teacher was a tough one - Mr Ayanyemi. I had to form the note for each topics myself. The teacher inspects and if I fail to summarize the topic well, he will tear my note. I almost gave up buying notebooks but I never stopped until the same teacher called me out for an applause, and I realized its just a training and only losers quit, winners don't. It is a fact that "what doesn't break us, only makes us stronger".



    Thank you again writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. Happy you never gave up.
      Thank you for your invaluable comment.

      Delete