Wednesday 10 July 2019

The Essence Of Trust In Our Relationships



What if I tell you I am pregnant? All things being equal, would you believe it? I’m guessing the responses I would get would be- congratulations, thank God, and the likes. If really I’m pregnant, why would you believe me? Most likely because I’ve not said something like that before, and most especially, because of the integrity of this blog.
On the contrary, what if I keep saying, I am pregnant, and the next minute, I tell you ‘I’m joking’, how would you feel when at another time I tell you I am pregnant? You wouldn’t believe me right? Because you know like old times, I’ll most likely come up and say I’m joking again. This is almost exactly how trust functions. Its value decreases if over and over it’s been found wanting by people concerned.


Trust I’ll say is synonymous to integrity. It is doing what you say you would when/how you said you would do it. Trust is a keeper of bond, and the lack of it?- a breaker of bond. It can either make or mar a relationship. The level of trust people have for you in certain areas of life determines how far you would go with them/ they will go with you in those areas. If as said, punctuality is the soul of business, then trust would be the spirit/life businesses thrive on. Without trust, it will only be a matter of time before a business/relationship packs up. So, if trust is as important to the point of it being the life of business (just as the life of the flesh is in the blood), how then do we build trust?
The first on the list (if ever there is a list) I would say is being self-aware. Literally everything in life starts with being self-aware. It is the act of living consciously/intentionally, in such a way that everything being done is authentic, and never out of a fake spur. It is the act of pondering and weighing literally everything we say or do, thereby allowing our yes to be yes, and our no no. Authentic living inspires a life of trust any day any time. How do we become self-aware? By making sure literally everything that happens on our inside passes through our consciousness.  This we can do through journaling, or spending appreciable time with ourselves to progressively detangle the issues inside of us.

Another way we can gain trust is through knowledge. Having a knowledge of our environment, and to a large extent, what is expected of us. We also can gain trust by asking questions. Asking questions would ensure everything expected of us is understood, and as a result, make us be on the same page with the people we are working with/for.
No doubt there are a thousand and one ways of gaining/building trust (over time), we will stop here today because of time. As always, it would be a pleasure to have your views and opinion in the comment session below, so do not forget to drop your comment/view so we can learn from each other other ways of gaining/building trust beyond ways mentioned here. 
Till we meet again next week Wednesday (the blog being a weekly/Wednesday blog), do have a great day and keep building your influence and trust. Much love brothers and sisters.



Photo Credit: Google Image

Connect with me on social media via-
Facebook:   Eniola Olaosebikan
Instagram: cream_legend
Twitter:      TheEniolaO
LinkedIn:    Eniola Olaosebikan

Email:        soulwriteralways@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. Trust is the foundation and key. Every other things are secondary in relationship

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once trust is broken, confidence no longer exists. For me trust is dependability, it means I have confidence in this person's ability.Lack of trust on any note is a deal breaker for me. I like to say that Integrity is a core value for me so I try as much as possible to keep to my words even though it could be very difficult at times. One thing I am learning to do is not hold people up to standards I don't even have. So it's a two way thing but I focus on holding my own part of the bargain.Bottomline,practise what you preach. Be a trust worthy person. Don't say you are going to Yaba for Google maps to update your location at Ajah
    ...lol.

    Thanks Eniola for reminding us one of the fundamentals of a long lasting relationship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becoming what we long to see in people is crucial. Trust, integrity and dependability are all making us responsible, as well as accountable.
      Thank you for this

      Delete
  3. Trust is one of the main thing in relationships. Its important we learn how to build and maintain trust in relationships. Most especially in marriages, having Irrelevant jokes or toying with what partners dislikes will gradually break the trust they have. If he/she doesn't like to hear or see a particular thing then its best we respect their opinion and do away with it.
    Thank you Eniola for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very True Mr. Bayo. Can't wait to have you on the blog
      Thank you.

      Delete