Wednesday 18 March 2020

Dear Men: Here Is A Secret About Women

I was once with a guy and he told me one thing that struck my heart. He must have said it casually, perhaps out of his own superficial observation, but that word hit me, cos to an extent, I understand the underlying pain and depth to what he saw as casual, as well as cheap.

He had said- ‘Girls in this school are cheap. Just buy them doughnut and drink and they are all over you’. Perhaps a tad of what he said may be true, but there sure was more to what he said.

It’s no news that ladies love security, no matter the form it comes in. But of all the securities that comes with what ladies want, the most important one might not be financial as thought by many. Most likely, it is the mental type- the state of knowing ‘no matter what, I am loved’. It goes deeper when the love can be pinned to a soul, say for instance their father or perhaps brother, or someone else masculine they feel they can trust.


Ladies that are seen to fall for the ‘doughnut and drink’ actually fell for something- the fact that someone cares about them in a seemingly thoughtful way.

To you as a guy buying the drink, you are just buying a drink, but sometimes, ladies see beyond the drink, to an actual act of care. And this is because most (African) ladies come from mechanical homes. Homes where things are done mechanically and out of necessity. I.e- things are bought in the house because the house needs it, and not necessarily because a particular individual needs it. As a result, what is felt while growing up is a form of general love, and not necessarily one seen as peculiar and thoughtful. Owing to this, when ladies come across a guy that do things just because it is them, especially with no seeming ulterior motive, they feel a bit special and seen.

So, dear men, the next time you see that lady go all giddy because you got her a gift or did something tangible for her, don't think she is cheap. Instead, see her as grateful, especially for the fact that somebody cares that little, or sometimes much about her. And at that, please kindly know that based on your difference in age, or perhaps what you represent to her, she sees you as either a brother figure, or a father figure.

When you see a lady and all you want is sex, kindly do not deceive her by showing her affection, especially one borne out of an ulterior motive. Or better still, kindly make sure you are on the same page- that she wants you for what you want her for, else, please back off (knowing that the same thing you do to someone else' daughter, will invariably be done to yours or any cherished female figure in your life).

And to the women out there, I know how much you desire to be loved, especially by that one 'special' being. But till God sends the person to you in a holy way, never forget how loved you are by the One who formed you, as well - how cherished you are by Him. I know sometimes it's not easy being seemingly without love, but then, know that you are covered by the greatest, highest and purest love that be- Your Creator's love.

Till I come your way next week, please know that I care. Much love dear sis. 


Photo Credit: Google Image



Connect with me on social media via-
Facebook:   Soul Writer
Instagram: cream_legend
Twitter      TheEniolaO
LinkedIn:    Eniola Olaosebikan
Email: soulwriteralways@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. Adeteju Adeniran18 March 2020 at 08:41

    Thank you so much for sharing this. We live in a very funny world now, the way guys rant on materialism on social media is scary. There are times that I have to step in to ask who are these girls you are complaining about because I don't seem to have them in my space. All that has made me cautious, like I don't even want to hangout with the opposite sex before I start hearing stories of how someone took you out and you still didn't date him afterwards.I am trying not to digress here but I feel that men need to understand how to give without any strings attached and ladies too should strike a balance by giving too and realizing that no human is their source.

    We need to keep this conversations going because relationships have been wrecked on the grounds of materialism. Thanks for sharing once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Adeteju, you'll hear something like, "he deserves it". Sex

      Delete
    2. Very true. I could remember back in uni, I hardly went on dates. As a matter of fact, I never allowed guys to pay my fare. You either pay yours and go your way, or I pay for the two of us. Most times even on date, I hardly ate. For all I cared, I did not come because I was hungry, I came because I wanted to see if you were worth my while.
      Even in my adult life, I can only count two men I allowed take care of me, but of course, they treaded the sex thing so I had to let them go. Me allowing you to take care of me doesn't automatically translate me into your sex toy.

      And like you said, I guess it's a conversation worthy of saying over and over till men- young and old actually gets it. A lady allowing you to care for her doesn't make her cheap. She allowed you because she trusted you.

      Thank you dear Adeteju.

      Delete
  2. @unknown- yes, I guess there is that too. The other side of the coin we might one day talk about.

    Thank you for weighing in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Soul Writer. Worth reading, i wish I'd seen this years back. I didn't have much experience with ladies and no record of treating any lady bad as long as I can remember, but I would have advised guys who took ladies for granted just because they felt some 'security' around them or 'love' that wasn't shown at home. Likewise, I would have advised ladies who couldn't put a price on it.

    This goes to we parents as well, let's show more love to our children, provide for them to a satisfactory extent, train them to be contented, share practical stories and teach them how to live in the midst of this 'wolves' in sheep' skins. Its our responsibilities to teach them for instance how to be happy and productive using a Nokia 3310 while others are craving for an iPhone, which could rather be an asset or a liability.

    @Soul Writer, hope there's an archive were we could review all this articles in nearest future. The lessons on your blog are evergreen.

    Thank you and regards.

    Akinbayo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. It's a call to parents to do better, especially with female children. God help us all.

      Thank you for weighing in.

      Delete