Wednesday 1 July 2020

How Often Do You Question The Things In Your Life?

Hey people. How have we been? Trust good? So - what’s on your mind if I may ask?

If you ask me the later question, I would say a lot is on my mind these days. Things I’m so careful not to pour out so it wouldn’t sound like rant, or some forms of complain. I have thoughts of marriage, singleness, religion, and even life in itself on my mind. I seem to be at the stage where I question a lot of things. More like something in me snapped (by the virtue of experience), and now, I get to see things in a whole different way.

Of all the things on my mind, two things seem to stand out. Life, and religion. I am starting to see life in a different way, especially in trying to see the true meaning, and essence of life. And as well, about religion – how religious leaders place themselves as gods over people, to be worshipped, as though we are not all humans trying to make a meaning of our lives, despite our imperfections.

Wouldn’t want to go deep into all these topics, as to an extent, they might be quite sensitive to be discussed. They are things better arrived at through personal convictions, and perhaps experience. But in the meantime, I want to ask us one question I consider vital – How often do you question the things in your life? This is not to call us into arrogance. On the other hand, it is to call us into a more conscious living – a life that seeks to know, and as well, heeds intuition.

This episode being a very short one, one thing I would like to leave us with, especially such that seem to lie at the center of my recent discoveries is – to try our best not to manipulate people. I would like to admonish us to stand for the truth as much as we can, and to as well, try our very best to have a honest/pure heart towards people. While admonishing us to have a pure heart, I would like to bring to our notice to be as careful as we can, as indeed, this is planet earth, and wolves indeed roam the planet as sheep.

While my discovery unfolds (and perhaps while yours unfolds as well), especially the true meaning of life, let’s all keep safe, and do our very best to be healthy.

Would there be anything you have learnt/currently learning in the phase you are in? Want to share? Hit me up in the comment session, let’s talk about it (as a way of learning and sharing, which this blog is all about).

N.B: To the people that reached out to me regarding the absence of a blogpost last week Wednesday, I am grateful, and I duly apologize for the absence of a post as there should.

Photo Credit: A pilgrim in Narnia

Connect with me on social media via-
Facebook:   Soul Writer
Instagram: cream_legend
Twitter      TheEniolaO
LinkedIn:    Eniola Olaosebikan
Email: soulwriteralways@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. Eniola you are just in tune. During the past few days have engaged with some service partners, and when you ask them for quotations they inflate the prices to the unbearable, and if you manage to get the spares yourself they condemn it just because you didn't give them the money to procure it. Life is not like that, true success does not come by exploiting people. In life, you must develop other people's trust. Its annoying with the kind of world view majority are having.
    This should be a leverage to startups, to show customers that they can trust and rely on you even when they have no clue to the market price.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Akinbayo! Great to have you back!

      So sad that integrity is fast becoming a thing of the past in this era. The shocking thing is that - it is not a 'generation z' thing alone, it's both old and young. What do we have to say to an old man people take as a father molesting girls his daughter's age? Or 'professional theft' like in the case you mentioned.

      Sickening that everything good is gradually being termed bad (like in the case of honesty as mentioned); and everything literally bad is fast becoming a norm, as though good.

      Really, perhaps if there's any time for Jesus to come, guess this would be it. So much confusion in the world as to right and good as it were.

      Thank you Akinbayo for weighing in. A lot indeed is on our minds all.
      Cheers.

      Delete
    2. The pleasure is all mine Eniola.
      Jesus' coming is the only way out of this situation and we all should wait patiently for His return.

      Delete
  2. I think the various harsh realities around us in recent times us jolting us all from our amnesia. One question that keeps coming back to me is , "what is the most important thing" . Also the harsh reality that face value is not always real value. A lot is happening on social media, you see people living large and you wonder if there is something you are missing for not getting certain results.

    Also when you see how people just die, then you begin to wonder the whole essence of life. I am trying not to overthink things sha.

    My thoughts are a bit jumbled but.....

    Good to have you back dear Soul Writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell you my sister @ recent happenings jolting us all from amnesia.


      Hmmmmh. Indeed, I have been asking that question as well. What counts most in life?
      Following the death of dear Mrs. Ibidun Ighodalo, I have come to realize that wealth to a large extent would fail us as a legacy, but then, the lives we touch during our stay would go a long way. She had wealth, yes, but we do not remember her for her wealth on its own, but for what she did with her wealth - the lives she touched while alive. Impact I have realized is one of the most important things in life. A Godly and honest living.

      @face value and real value, that is a whole one to consider, especially following the recent happenings off, and on social media. The fact that a 63year old man will be so nice to young Christian girls faithfully serving the Lord, but then, with a hidden plan to molest them all, using religion and piety as a bait. How sickening can that be?

      You're not the only one with jumbled thoughts, mine has been for a while as well. I'm daily trying to take out the hard knots one by one.

      May God help us all sis. The essence of humanity is fast slipping away.

      Delete
  3. So many things on my mind but this very one that is suffocating me is the many religious bodies everywhere churches and mosques claiming to be the way to heaven and yet wickedness frauds deception killing of innocent souls especially in this our very own naija with no one saying anything. Every day is one evil news of death crisis or the other.
    More also is the way our leaders embezzle and missuse public funds which are supposed to be used for the development of the nation with no recourse. So many graduates everywhere, no employment, no development frustrations in the lives of our young ones now taking to rituals and Yahoo just to make a living.
    I sometimes ask myself who do we for this our country sef.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmh. That church own is a whole kettle of fish. We will never finish if we start. Is it the hypocrisy or manipulation? Or the fact that revered and designated authorities are silent like you pointed out? Religion in the country is getting quite sickening.

      With regards to the government, fraud and joblessness, don't even know where to start talking. I pray God continue to disgrace these evil people in our society, while we humans form a habit of holding leaders and authorities responsible for their actions, especially in our beloved country Nigeria.

      God help us all.

      Delete